CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bug Hunt!!!

Mommy and the girls walked to Ritters for frozen custard. Yum! Even Caroline got a dish and loved it. We should have taken pictures on the walk there, but we were running and swatting at the thousands of mosquitos we encountered. As we ran home, ran in the house, and slammed the door with the mosquitos behind us, we decided that we should go on a bug hunt! The girls each had a bug catching contraption (thanks Aunt Cathy and Aunt Katy!) but no bugs (luckily we haven't been able to find many real ones either) . . . so the other day while shopping at Target I spotted another bug hunting container WITH BUGS . . . how fun. So, while the girls cleaned up their last mess in the playroom (with lots of encouragement and a little help) I made another mess in the family room . . . here are the bugs . . .

At first Molly and Maggie thought it was fun to just look at them (Molly was a little nervous).

Maggie demonstrated how a real "bug hunter" would pick up a giant fly . . . ahh!


Then, we learned all the names of the bugs (conveniently, the names were on the back), and hid them from each other. Maggie hid six and Molly and Mommy hid the other six. Here is Molly hunting for bugs. This picture looks like she was having fun, but she was actually a little scared, I think. Anyway . . . it was fun and when Daddy got home we were still missing a bug. Mommy and Molly looked everywhere and Maggie couldn't remember where she hid it. I thought I was going to have to tell the cleaning lady to watch out for a Praying Mantis. Luckily, Daddy spotted it and all bugs were accounted for. Caroline, was playing her own special play area . . . bugs are choking hazards, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I have to admit when I looked at the picture BEFORE reading I was freaked out! Very cute once I realized they were not real!

krebskids said...

Don't you just love bugs. We have been keeping an eye on this one cricket that was run over by the hotwheel. I hope he makes it!! Cute pictures.

Kristin said...

YIKES!! I am glad to hear all of the bugs are accounted for! How fun!!