CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

It has been an eventful week at the Stock house . . . and now that the internet is back on . . . I can fill everyone in on what they have been missing around here!


FRIDAY:
Todd and I planned a date night last Friday. We were very excited to see the Bourne Ultimatum and grab dinner - just the two of us. As the afternoon progressed, I called the sitter and told her she might want to head over here a little early becasue they were expecting bad storms and I didn't want her to have to drive in high winds, etc. She left just after I called and started driving to my house. In the meantime, the skies were getting dark and the radar on my computer screen showed a huge red mass heading right towards Crooked Lake. I was keeping an eye on the radar and the clock and listening to the storm and tornado warnings closely. I went to the office to check the radar once more and BAM! the neighbor's tree fell right on our driveway and knocked out all power, phone, internet . . . etc. I saw sparks flying and there was already standing water on our lane. I was so glad that Erin wasn't here yet . . . I called her to tell her to stay away from our house and realized she had just pulled in and had seen the tree fall! Becasue of the down power lines, I didn't want her to get out of the car. She ended up waiting for over an hour in her car. The fire department came right after I called 911, but it took the power company quite a while longer to get here. After the cut the power, Erin came in to say hi to the girls quickly (they didn't understand why she was not coming in!) and then headed home. Todd and I postponed the date night and we all stayed at Todd's parents' house on Friday night. Here are a couple of pictures of our lane and the tree. I wish we had photos of the docks that are underwater (not ours) and all of the standing water around the lake. The DNR (Department of Natural Resources) closed the lake to all boats becasue any wake could cause more flooding!



SATURDAY:

Power was restored Saturday morning, but we still did not have a phone / internet. We did have some excitement becasue it was delivery day for Molly's new BIG GIRL bed! Here she is trying it out for her first nap. (Sheets, pillows, etc. will be coming soon!)

SUNDAY:

(Still no phone or internet!) A college friend of Todd's was in town to go boating but it ended up being a swimming day instead (still no moterized boats allowed on the lakes!). Here all the North boys (Austin, Owen, Ryan), Tubergen girls (Maddie & Reagan), and Maggie and Molly (Caroline was napping).
We got a lot of use out of the paddle boat. We loaded it down with as many kids as it could hold and the adults took turns with peddaling - it's quite a workout. It was really peaceful, but weird to be out at the lake on a hot sunny afternoon and not see any boats pass by.



The Krebs family joined us via canoe. . . they came all the way across the lake!


TUESDAY:

Monday night (still no phone or internet!) we had Great Grandpa Ralston, Dorothy, Grandma and Grandpa Stock over for dinner. No pictures from dinner but Great Grandpa and Dorothy brought us this hummingbird feeder. We hung it up Tuesday morning (still no phone or internet!). No hummingbirds on Tuesday (lots of bumblebees though!)


WEDNESDAY:

(Still no phone or internet!!!!!!) Haircut day . . . here are the girls after their haircuts eating lunch. They were both shampooed (with purple shampoo!) and got glitter sprinkled in their hair after being styled with a straight iron! It is Thursday as I write this and we are back to ponytails! P.S. We spotted a few hummingbirds today!!!

THURSDAY:
We spot a VERIZON truck (the third one I have seen this week so I don't get too excited) working close to our house as we leave to run some errands. I come home to a dial tone and internet connection . . . yea!!! More to come VERY soon . . . I have missed my daily blogging.


1 comments:

Brooklyn said...

YEA!!
I was having Stock Blog withdraw! So much has happened for you all - I LOVE the beautiful haircuts and A big girl bed...how exciting! Maybe we will come visit soon to check it out.